UK: Unwins goes back to basics with new store
The Unwin's Wine Group has unveiled a new wine retail brand which it hopes will simplify the act of buying wines. At the London International Wine & Spirit Fair today, Ian McLernon, marketing director at the company, announced the launch of Phillips Newman wine merchants.
"This new concept is our attempt to put wine-buying into consumer language," McLernon said. He described the concept as "a back-to-basics way of making wine-buying accessible and fun".
Each store will include a tasting area known as the 'heart'. Both the 'heart' and the store layout will be divided into six sections, bright, smooth and rounded for white, fruity, mellow and chunky for red.
The first Phillips Newman store opened on Tuesday on Old Brompton Road in London. "The concept has been in development for 14 months," McLernon said today. "We aim to have three stores up and running by the end of the summer, and have identified 59 potential sites going forward."
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report