UK: United Wineries secures partnership with La-Vis
United Wineries has teamed up with Italian wine producer La-Vis.
The wine distributor confirmed yesterday (14 September) that it will take over distribution of La-Vis' range of wines in the UK with immediate effect. The Italian company had previously used HwCg, which went into administration last month.
The deal sees United Wineries expand beyond its current status of handling solely Spanish brands.
In return, La-Vis will take a stake in United Wines, although further details were not disclosed. "The size of the stake is still to be determined and depends on the contribution the Italian brands make to the overall United Wineries business," a spokesperson for United told just-drinks. "The transaction is in shares in United Wineries."
La-Vis, which is also known as Casa Girelli, has a portfolio which includes Canaletto, Villa Cafaggio and Cesarini Sforza. Last year, the company boasted sales in the UK of around 7m.
"La-Vis is a wine company we have admired and respected for a long time and this will be the only deal we do with an Italian company, so we can really focus on its brands," said United's president and CEO, Victor Redondo.
"The complementary portfolio with valuable synergies and no conflicts to our own fits strategically with our vision of global brands and global distribution."
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020