UK: United Wineries introduces Berberana extension
United Wineries has added a new mid-priced range called 'Carta de Plata' to its Spanish wine brand Berberana.
The range has been developed to offer wines that deliver quality at an affordable price, the company said this week. Two of the new wines are due on Tesco shelves from mid-August, retailing at GBP5.99 (USD10) each.
James Craig-Wood, communications manager for United Wineries, said: "We pride ourselves in reacting quickly to the market and the Berberana Carta de Plata wines have been developed to offer consumers easy drinking, affordable wines that match well to food."
The new range will have food matching recommendations on the front label.
In addition, the recent partnership with two-Michelin starred chef, Sergi Arola, will see the Berberana range matched with his Spanish recipes. The 'One Cork One Point' loyalty scheme will also support the launch. Within this promotion each bottle contains a unique code that consumers can use to convert into points, giving the opportunity to win prizes.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline