SPAIN: United Wineries International prepares IPO
United Wineries International, the global wine distribution arm of Spain's Arco Wine Investment Group, is gearing up for a London initial public offering next June to grow its business, a company insider confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (13 September).
The flotation had been planned for early 2007 but UWI delayed it to have more time to prepare its business for a stock listing.
"We continue to reorganise our business and expand it to best prepare it for an IPO," the insider said.
Last October, just-drinks reported that UWI was eyeing two acquisitions. The firm has since bought two Spanish wineries - Bodegas Vega de la Reina and Bodegas Rioja Santiago to grow its franchise, the insider said.
The IPO plans will be put to investors in a special meeting in October, the source added.
UWI owns and distributes the Marques de la Concordia, Berberana and Marques de Grinol labels among other wine and spirit brands. The firm produces 55m bottles a year, 60% of which are sold in international markets.
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts