SPAIN: United Wineries International prepares IPO
United Wineries International, the global wine distribution arm of Spain's Arco Wine Investment Group, is gearing up for a London initial public offering next June to grow its business, a company insider confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (13 September).
The flotation had been planned for early 2007 but UWI delayed it to have more time to prepare its business for a stock listing.
"We continue to reorganise our business and expand it to best prepare it for an IPO," the insider said.
Last October, just-drinks reported that UWI was eyeing two acquisitions. The firm has since bought two Spanish wineries - Bodegas Vega de la Reina and Bodegas Rioja Santiago to grow its franchise, the insider said.
The IPO plans will be put to investors in a special meeting in October, the source added.
UWI owns and distributes the Marques de la Concordia, Berberana and Marques de Grinol labels among other wine and spirit brands. The firm produces 55m bottles a year, 60% of which are sold in international markets.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls out of LWF 2015
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research