INDIA: United Vintners launches New Zealand wines - report
India's United Vintners, a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Spirits, has launched a range of New Zealand wines in its home market, according to reports.
The company, part of the larger United Breweries Group, will import wines from Astrolabe, Hunter's, Ra Nui and Hawkes Bay wineries. The range will include Sauvignon Blancs, Pinot Noirs, Chardonnay and Pinot Gris, the Press Trust of India said yesterday (20 November).
Index Distribution-New Zealand managing director Jennifer Woods said: "Through our partnership with UB, we will be able to supply India with some of the most outstanding varietals New Zealand is famous for, and develop a broad portfolio for the future."
The wines will reportedly be available in 750ml bottles in metros.
SABMiller has lined up an addition to its mild beer portfolio in India, just-drinks has learned....
Heineken has said that it hopes to resolve the ongoing issues with its Indian assets "as soon as possible"....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included stories from Beam Global, The UB Group, LVMH, Danone SABMiller and Heineken....
The head of United Breweries has said that there "shouldn't be any roadblocks" in his company's negotiations with Heineken over a stake in the Indian company....
Cobra Beer plans to set up its own Greenfield brewery in either Andra Pradesh or Maharstra, and is considering a public listing in India this year....
SABMiller is looking to consolidate its Indian brewing operations in the coming years....
Heineken has refused to be drawn on claims that a buyer has come forward for Scottish & Newcastle's stake in India's United Breweries....
Heineken has refused to be drawn on speculation that the brewer may face troubled times in India, following its pending acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World