INDIA: United Spirits to sell stake in Pioneer Distilleries
United Spirits is selling a 7% sake in its subsidiary Pioneer Distilleries
United Spirits is set to sell around a 7% stake in its subsidiary Pioneer Distilleries through a one-day sale tomorrow (23 October).
The group is selling 935,982 shares in Pioneer, totalling INR45.49m (US$850,845), on the Bombay Stock Exchange, it announced late last week. The Vijay Mallya-headed group currently holds an 82% stake in Pioneer.
Last month, it was confirmed that the group is in talks with Diageo over the UK-based firm taking a stake in United Spirits, following long-running speculation.
Meanwhile, it emerged over the weekend that Mallya's airline, Kingfisher, has had its licence suspended after it failed to address the regulator's concerns about its financial situation.
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing sees Ben Cooper consider how the future looks for the drinks industry's attempts to deal with alcohol harm and responsible consumption....
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director