INDIA: United Spirits snaps up stake in Liquidity
United Spirits has acquired a controlling stake in US alcoholic drinks company Liquidity Inc.
The spirits unit of Indian company United Breweris Group confirmed late last week that it has bought a majority stake in the speciality vodka company through its Cyprus-based subsidiary Zelinka. The purchase cost United Spirits US$3m.
No further details were given by United Spirits, as it announced the transaction in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
In May, United Spirits acquired Scotch whisky firm Whyte & Mackay for $1.18bn after a protracted negotiation period.
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has closed its acquisition of an 85% interest in Copecresto Enterprises Limited, which owns the Parliament vodka trademarks in Russia and abroad....
Harviestoun Brewery has lined up the launch of its line of beers aged in Scotch whisky casks for the UK....
Taxes on alcohol in the UK have been raised markedly in today's (12 March) Budget announcement....
Gruppo Campari has unveiled a flavoured extension of its Skyy vodka brand in the US....
Russian Standard is following the global rollout of its vodka brands with a television advertising campaign in the UK....
Inver House Distillers has announced plans to launch a limited edition bottling of its 40-year-old Hankey Bannister blended Scotch whisky timed to coincide with its 250th anniversary....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future