INDIA: United Spirits mulls energy drink launch - report
United Spirits is contemplating a move into the energy drink sector in India an effort to boost vodka sales, according to local reports.
United Spirits president Vijay Rekhi was cited in The Economic Times today (15 April), saying that the UB group subsidiary, which is led by Vijay Mallya, is looking at an energy drink that will grow with its vodka brands.
The energy drink is expected to be a new independent brand, and not an extension of the spirits brands, the newspaper report added.
In January, whilst launching Whyte & Mackay in India, Rekhi noted that there was a "large segment of consumers raring to make a shift to the premium spirits segment."
No one was available for comment at United Spirits when contacted by just-drinks today.
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
The news that Constellation Brands last week posted a huge slide in second quarter earnings garnered a mixed reaction amongst the press and analyst community, reflecting some of the contrasting messag...
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The wines division of United Spirits Limited (USL), a subsidiary of Vijay Mallya's UB Group, is planning to improve long-term partnerships with grape growers by offering them shares in the company....
Belvédère Duty Free is to unveil a limited edition Danzka vodka bottle in Cannes at the end of the month....
Castle Brands has said it is in advanced discussions to receive a US$12.5m cash infusion, as the drinks group looks to make itself more secure....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review