INDIA: United Spirits launches Whyte and Mackay in India
UB Group subsidiary United Spirits launched Dalmore and Jura single malt brands and the Whyte & Mackay range of blended Scotch whisky last Thursday (24 January) in New Delhi, with plans to introduce the rare and prestige range of the Whyte and Mackay brands in the Indian market later this year.
"Jura Single Malt and Whyte & Mackay blended Scotch are amongst the finest global brands and we are very proud to introduce them in India," said UB Group chairman Vijay Mallya. "The increasingly discerning Indian consumer will appreciate the taste and the rare blend crafted by the third generation master blender preserving the rich Scottish heritage and tradition."
Whyte & Mackay, which UB acquired last year, is the fourth largest Scotch whisky producer globally, with 8% total market share.
"There is a large segment of consumers raring to make a shift to the premium spirits segment especially Scotches", says Vijay Rekhi, president of United Spirits.
The Asia Pacific region is home to some of the world's largest spirits producers though many of them are focused predominantly on their domestic markets. Others, however, are expanding their internati...
United Spirits has posted a strong rise in sales and profits for its latest quarter....
This week InBev and Anheuser continue to keep the pages ticking over on just-drinks. Amongst the other stories at the top of the most read pages were reports on C&C, an interview with Carlsberg's CEO ...
Whyte & Mackay has declined to comment on reports that it is considering a move for Glenmorangie's Glen Moray Distillery....
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Travel Retail model "not sustainable" - Pernod CEO
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts