INDIA: United Spirits launches liquor retail chain
United Spirits Limited (USL), the world's third-largest spirits company, has launched a new liquor retail chain, with the first store in Bangalore, India.
The company said today (19 March) that it plans to leverage on the growing lifestyle needs of the Indian consumer at the premium end of the market where browsing is a key consumer requirement.
Bangalore is set to have 15 more of the Spiritz & More outlets and the rest of the country would have another 50 stores.
Philip AB Sargunar, COO-South USL, said: "This first-of-its-kind outlet is designed to offer consumers a new experience through accessibility, ambience and personalised service."
The store is spread across a floor area of 600 sq. feet and is designed to depict the feel of entering into the new world, the company said.
Anant Iyer USL's head of luxury brands added: "Innovation is our hallmark. These outlets are core to the distribution strategy henceforth at United Spirits."
Fairtrade wine may have some way to go to catch up with flagship Fairtrade categories like coffee, tea and bananas, but it is showing growth across a number of markets, and strategists believe that as...
Diageo Ireland has entered into agreements to acquire a 73-acre greenfield site in Leixlip, Co. Kildare, with the intention to build a brewery....
Wines from Rioja has launched a new generic advertising campaign in the UK....
Spain will dethrone France as the world's leading wine producer by 2015, according to a study French social research body, CREDOC (Centre de Recherche pour l'Etude et l'Observation des Conditions de V...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014