INDIA: United Spirits launches liquor retail chain
United Spirits Limited (USL), the world's third-largest spirits company, has launched a new liquor retail chain, with the first store in Bangalore, India.
The company said today (19 March) that it plans to leverage on the growing lifestyle needs of the Indian consumer at the premium end of the market where browsing is a key consumer requirement.
Bangalore is set to have 15 more of the Spiritz & More outlets and the rest of the country would have another 50 stores.
Philip AB Sargunar, COO-South USL, said: "This first-of-its-kind outlet is designed to offer consumers a new experience through accessibility, ambience and personalised service."
The store is spread across a floor area of 600 sq. feet and is designed to depict the feel of entering into the new world, the company said.
Anant Iyer USL's head of luxury brands added: "Innovation is our hallmark. These outlets are core to the distribution strategy henceforth at United Spirits."
Fairtrade wine may have some way to go to catch up with flagship Fairtrade categories like coffee, tea and bananas, but it is showing growth across a number of markets, and strategists believe that as...
Diageo Ireland has entered into agreements to acquire a 73-acre greenfield site in Leixlip, Co. Kildare, with the intention to build a brewery....
Wines from Rioja has launched a new generic advertising campaign in the UK....
Spain will dethrone France as the world's leading wine producer by 2015, according to a study French social research body, CREDOC (Centre de Recherche pour l'Etude et l'Observation des Conditions de V...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends