INDIA: United Spirits considering JV with Boisset
Indian liquor manufacturer United Spirits is considering an equal joint venture with French winemaker Boisset, the Economic Times newspaper reported Wednesday, citing United Spirits President Vijay Rekhi.
United Spirits' unit, United Vintners, will enter into a trading relationship with Boisset, Rekhi was understood to have said.
The two companies already have an existing distribution agreement and this new partnership will aim to boost the Indian sales of wines produced by Boisset, the report said.
United Spirits were unavailable for comment when contacted today (28 May).
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets