INDIA: United Breweries sees Q1 profits, sales climb
- Q1 net profits up 22.6% to INR1.2bn (US$19.6m)
- Net sales rise 13% to INR13.6bn
- Operating profits (EBITDA) up 25% to INR1.8bn
- Volumes up 1.5%
The company saw a rise in Q1 profits and sales
Volume rises in key markets has helped United Breweries report a solid rise in first-quarter sales and volumes.
The brewing arm of UB Group said yesterday (14 August) that net profits in the three months to the end of June rose by 22.6% to INR1.2bn (US$19.6m). Net sales in the period were up by 13% to INR13.6bn, while EBITDA climbed by 25% to INR1.8bn.
The group posted similarly healthy full-year numbers in May.
The company said its Q1 was boosted by double-digit volume growth in Delhi, Rajasthan, Punjab, Orissa and Uttar Pradesh, which also helped improve its market share.
Price increases in “select” markets also off-set rising input costs bought on by inflation in India, the brewer said. Cost pressures are expected to continue over the financial year, it added.
Diageo took control of United Breweries' sister company, United Spirits, last month. United Breweries is 37.5%-owned by Heineken.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
India’s largest spirits producer, UB Group’s United Spirits, came under the control of global leader, Diageo, in 2013. The profile analyses the most promising ways forward for United Spirits’ strong d...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken do Brasil Comercial’s strategic direction became more aggressive in 2012. The company invested in new product launches and marketing and advertising campaigns to attract the attention of cons...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Analysis - SABMiller's LatAm aim? Drink more beer
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future