INDIA: United Breweries sees Q1 profits, sales climb
- Q1 net profits up 22.6% to INR1.2bn (US$19.6m)
- Net sales rise 13% to INR13.6bn
- Operating profits (EBITDA) up 25% to INR1.8bn
- Volumes up 1.5%
The company saw a rise in Q1 profits and sales
Volume rises in key markets has helped United Breweries report a solid rise in first-quarter sales and volumes.
The brewing arm of UB Group said yesterday (14 August) that net profits in the three months to the end of June rose by 22.6% to INR1.2bn (US$19.6m). Net sales in the period were up by 13% to INR13.6bn, while EBITDA climbed by 25% to INR1.8bn.
The group posted similarly healthy full-year numbers in May.
The company said its Q1 was boosted by double-digit volume growth in Delhi, Rajasthan, Punjab, Orissa and Uttar Pradesh, which also helped improve its market share.
Price increases in “select” markets also off-set rising input costs bought on by inflation in India, the brewer said. Cost pressures are expected to continue over the financial year, it added.
Diageo took control of United Breweries' sister company, United Spirits, last month. United Breweries is 37.5%-owned by Heineken.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
Heineken N.V. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and...
India’s largest spirits producer, UB Group’s United Spirits, came under the control of global leader, Diageo, in 2013. The profile analyses the most promising ways forward for United Spirits’ strong d...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Heineken Entreprise SAS is the leading company for beer value sales in France and its aim is to become the leader in sales volume by 2013, a volume leadership which is currently held by Brasseries Kro...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"