INDIA: United Breweries sees Q1 profits, sales climb
- Q1 net profits up 22.6% to INR1.2bn (US$19.6m)
- Net sales rise 13% to INR13.6bn
- Operating profits (EBITDA) up 25% to INR1.8bn
- Volumes up 1.5%
The company saw a rise in Q1 profits and sales
Volume rises in key markets has helped United Breweries report a solid rise in first-quarter sales and volumes.
The brewing arm of UB Group said yesterday (14 August) that net profits in the three months to the end of June rose by 22.6% to INR1.2bn (US$19.6m). Net sales in the period were up by 13% to INR13.6bn, while EBITDA climbed by 25% to INR1.8bn.
The group posted similarly healthy full-year numbers in May.
The company said its Q1 was boosted by double-digit volume growth in Delhi, Rajasthan, Punjab, Orissa and Uttar Pradesh, which also helped improve its market share.
Price increases in “select” markets also off-set rising input costs bought on by inflation in India, the brewer said. Cost pressures are expected to continue over the financial year, it added.
Diageo took control of United Breweries' sister company, United Spirits, last month. United Breweries is 37.5%-owned by Heineken.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
India’s largest spirits producer, UB Group’s United Spirits, came under the control of global leader, Diageo, in 2013. The profile analyses the most promising ways forward for United Spirits’ strong d...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This is the first in a new series of short reports from just-drinks. These profiles will bring together all of just-drinks' coverage of a major development involving some of the leading players in the...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research