INDIA: United Breweries sees Q1 profits, sales climb
- Q1 net profits up 22.6% to INR1.2bn (US$19.6m)
- Net sales rise 13% to INR13.6bn
- Operating profits (EBITDA) up 25% to INR1.8bn
- Volumes up 1.5%
The company saw a rise in Q1 profits and sales
Volume rises in key markets has helped United Breweries report a solid rise in first-quarter sales and volumes.
The brewing arm of UB Group said yesterday (14 August) that net profits in the three months to the end of June rose by 22.6% to INR1.2bn (US$19.6m). Net sales in the period were up by 13% to INR13.6bn, while EBITDA climbed by 25% to INR1.8bn.
The group posted similarly healthy full-year numbers in May.
The company said its Q1 was boosted by double-digit volume growth in Delhi, Rajasthan, Punjab, Orissa and Uttar Pradesh, which also helped improve its market share.
Price increases in “select” markets also off-set rising input costs bought on by inflation in India, the brewer said. Cost pressures are expected to continue over the financial year, it added.
Diageo took control of United Breweries' sister company, United Spirits, last month. United Breweries is 37.5%-owned by Heineken.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
India’s largest spirits producer, UB Group’s United Spirits, came under the control of global leader, Diageo, in 2013. The profile analyses the most promising ways forward for United Spirits’ strong d...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014