INDIA: United Breweries profits leap in Q3
United Breweries profits leap in Q3
India's United Breweries has reported a 40% jump in net profits for its fiscal third quarter on the back of strong demand for its beers.
Net profits for three months to the end of December reached INR298.2m (US$6.55m), United Breweries said at the end of last week. Net sales increased by 38% on the same period of last year, to INR6.1bn, while operating profits before interest and exceptional items leapt by 71.5% to INR419m, said the Kingfisher lager brewer.
United Breweries has extended its lead over SABMiller in India's beer market in the last couple of years, a trend that bodes well for Heineken, which owns a 37.5% stake in United Breweries. The Heineken brand is set to launch in India within the next few months.
For the first nine months of United Breweries' fiscal year, net sales rose by 38% to INR19.4bn and net profits increased by 87% to INR1.28bn.
For the full figures, click here.
Is Kirin Holdings' increasingly messy deal for Schincariol a sign of things to come in global brewing?...
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends