INDIA: United Breweries mulls rights issue – report
The board of United Breweries is pondering a rights issue, according to reports.
Indian media has claimed today (21 September) that the company, which is 37.5%-controlled by Scottish & Newcastle, will consider the issue at its next board meeting a week today (28 September).
No-one was immediately available for comment at UB when contacted by just-drinks today.
Last month, reports from India claimed that UB is planning to spend in the region of INR12bn (US$291m) on expanding production capacity in the country.
The brewer, which is part of the UB Group, currently has an annual capacity of around 120m cases.
Heineken has refused to be drawn on speculation that the brewer may face troubled times in India, following its pending acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
United Breweries has suggested a close relationship with Heineken, after the Dutch brewer lined up the takeover of Scottish & Newcastle last week....
The Swedish government is considering keeping a stake in soon-to-be-privatised spirits producer V&S, local reports have suggested, while speculation is also growing that the sale price could fall due ...
Last week's announcement that Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) had finally agreed to recommend Carlsberg and Heineken's joint GBP7.8bn (US$15.5bn) takeover offer signalled the latest and possibly final chap...
UB Group subsidiary United Spirits launched Dalmore and Jura single malt brands and the Whyte & Mackay range of blended Scotch whisky last Thursday (24 January) in New Delhi, with plans to introduce t...
Fortune Brands has posted a slide in full-year net income despite static sales....
United Spirits has posted a plunge in net profit for its third quarter....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has confirmed reports that it will sell back the distribution rights to Dalmore Scotch whisky in the US....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research