INDIA: United Breweries may sell stake in spirits unit
India's leadng drinks producers United Breweries is reportedly considering selling up to a 26% stake in its spirits arm McDowell & Co. to a strategic investor. Reports in the country's Business Standard quoted the group's chairman Vijay Mallya as saying: "Many international liquor companies have shown interest in picking up a strategic stake in McDowell & Co. We may offload up to 26% in the company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director