INDIA: United Breweries gears up portfolio expansion - reports
India's United Breweries has plans to release low alcohol and fruit-flavoured beers as part of its plan to fight increased competition from international brewers in the country, according to local press reports.
The country's Financial Express said the launches would take place in a year's time.
The report said the brewer was in talks with overseas liquor manufacturers as well as in-house research firms to outsource the technology in India.
Kalyan Ganguly, president and managing director of United Breweries, was quoted saying: "We want to address all kinds of consumers in the industry. We aim the new brands at those who want to consume a different taste of beer, or prefer less alcoholic content. We will launch three more new verities of beers like fruit flavoured and low alcohol brands. We have not yet decided which flavours to be used."
The Netherlands-based Scaent Group acquired the mothballed Glenglassaugh Distillery from Highland Distillers in February. After nine months of preparation, the distillery will be up and running by the...
In spite of the economic downturn, the prognosis for the US wine market remains healthy, according to a new report from Wine Intelligence. Wine sales continue to grow year on year, but with per capita...
Experimental techniques used to reduce alcohol content in wines have been cleared by the EU....
Diageo is exploring ways to improve its presence in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, which prohibits the sale of alcoholic drinks bottled outside its borders....
Foster's is looking to tap higher growth in Australia's cider market, with two new product launches....
Drinks wholesalers in Tennessee have hailed a state ruling that prohibits direct shipments of alcoholic drinks....
Thousands of French winemakers have marched through the streets to protest against a growing culture of prohibition in France....
Light drinking during pregnancy does not raise the risk of behavioural or mental problems in children, new research suggests....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report