INDIA/FRANCE: United Breweries CFO moving to Heineken France
United Breweries will have a new CFO as of next year
Guido de Boer, who has been at UB since 2009, will leave the company on 31 December and will retire as a board director, the group said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (29 November). A spokesperson for Heineken, which has a 37.5% stake in UB, said three years is a “typical tenure” for the company's ex-pats.
UB said in the filing: “The company would like to place on record its gratitude for the significant contributions that Mr de Boer has made during his tenure.”
Henricus Petrus van Zon will replace de Boer as UB CFO, effective from 1 January. He will also join the UB in "due course", the filing said.
Earlier this month, UB announced a 47% rise in first-half net profits. Meanwhile, sister firm, United Spirits, is set to become majority-owned by Diageo after it was announced that owner Vijay Mallya and the UK-headquartered group have agreed a INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn) deal.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research