INDIA/FRANCE: United Breweries CFO moving to Heineken France
United Breweries will have a new CFO as of next year
Guido de Boer, who has been at UB since 2009, will leave the company on 31 December and will retire as a board director, the group said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (29 November). A spokesperson for Heineken, which has a 37.5% stake in UB, said three years is a “typical tenure” for the company's ex-pats.
UB said in the filing: “The company would like to place on record its gratitude for the significant contributions that Mr de Boer has made during his tenure.”
Henricus Petrus van Zon will replace de Boer as UB CFO, effective from 1 January. He will also join the UB in "due course", the filing said.
Earlier this month, UB announced a 47% rise in first-half net profits. Meanwhile, sister firm, United Spirits, is set to become majority-owned by Diageo after it was announced that owner Vijay Mallya and the UK-headquartered group have agreed a INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn) deal.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research