US: Union threatens Gallo boycott
A farm workers' union in the US is threatening to boycott E&J Gallo. The United Farm Workers of America union is considering a boycott if current labour talks break down. The winery employs about 100 members of the union in Sonoma Valley.
Current contract talks between the two revolve around union requests to extend health and other benefits to field workers hired through labour contractors. The talks have stalled, with the matter complicated further by a farm workers election last year that remains in dispute.
The union is to hold a convention at the end of this month, when it may decide to boycott Gallo.
The union has already gathered more than 25,000 signatures online since May to pressure the winery.
Having been something of a European institution for years, the end of duty-free, the lowering of some Nordic duty rates and cheaper prices in domestic supermarkets have combined to reduce the allure o...
The UK market is developing in terms of sales and sophistication. Drawing on up-to-the-minute consumer research, Alex McPhee, Neville Calvert and David Matthews of management consultants, KPMG, examin...
Gallo has finally reached an agreement with the union United Farm Workers, after around two years of talks....
Thresher has selected E&J Gallo to produce its own-label California wine range....
Heineken USA has appointed a new general manager for its Central Region....
E&J Gallo winery is launching its first French wine brand, Red Bicyclette, in the UK....
Ernest and Julio Gallo has become the target for protests from workers in the US....
National Wine & Spirits has posted its figures for the fiscal year 2005....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020