US: Union Beverage appoints president
Glazer's Distributors president Jerry Cargill and National Wine and Spirits chairman James LaCrosse yesterday announced the appointment of John Wittig as president of Illinois-based Union Beverage Company, effective August 16. Wittig will report to Keith Petrauskas, Glazer's Midwest region president.
"We are extremely excited to have John Wittig manage Union Beverage," said Glazer's executive vice president and COO Barkley Stuart. "John is a high-calibre leader who can help us maximise our growth potential in Illinois by focusing on the specific needs of our employees, customers and vendors."
"We view this appointment as a great opportunity to create a more effective strategic business strategy for Glazer's," said Glazer's CEO Bennett Glazer. "Wittig brings the kind of leadership skills and successful business performance needed to grow our Illinois business."
LaCrosse said: "Securing John Wittig as our Union Beverage President is a great next step in making Illinois a more successful market for our company."
Wittig has been in the industry 18 years. He worked at both the Brown-Forman and Seagram's companies, where he held a variety of senior level positions. He most recently spent three years as vice president and managing director for Brown-Forman's Atlantic Division.
Brown-Forman has signed its first Southern Hemisphere wine....
Brown-Forman has announced the next step in its succession plan....
US wine and spirits group, Brown-Forman, has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 24.50 cents per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock, following a board meeting....
Brown-Forman has reported earnings growth of 21% for its fiscal year to 30 April....
The US wines and spirits company, Brown-Forman, has launched its vodka brand, Finlandia, in India. Along with the core brand, three flavoured versions of Finlandia are also to be made available on the...
A bidding war for Allied Domecq looks more likely after Constellation Brands confirmed yesterday that it has approached the Bristol-based spirits company about launching a bid to rival that of Pernod ...
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts