US: Unilever's Sam Spencer to join Tequila Avion
Tequila Avion teamed up with Pernod Ricard earlier this year
Tequila Avión, which secured a tie-up with Pernod Ricard in the summer, has appointed Sam Spencer as VP of marketing.
The company, which launched its namesake Tequila brand in the US last year, confirmed earlier this week that Spencer will join Avión from Unilever. Whilst with Unilever, Spencer worked across a variety of brands, including Magnum ice cream, Axe and Dove Hair.
“Sam is a smart, creative thinker with nearly a decade of experience in building large consumer brands,” said Avión's president, Jenna Fagnan. “We’re excited to have him lead an innovative communications plan that will play a critical role in helping us become the next big lifestyle brand in the spirits business.”
Pernod Ricard, which took a minority stake in Avión in July, is the exclusive global distributor for the brand.
Tequila Avión has launched a US television commercial for its namesake Tequila brand....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites