US: Unilever/PepsiCo relaunch Lipton Iced Tea
Unilever/PepsiCo joint venture, The Pepsi-Lipton Tea Partnership, is to relaunch its ready-to-drink Lipton Original Iced Tea.
The brand will be unveiled with a new formula and new package graphics. There will also be a diet version of the brand launched.
Lipton Original has been reformulated with less sugar, while a new Diet Sweet version joins the nine-variety line-up, which also includes Sweetened, Unsweetened, Lemon, Extra Sweet, Raspberry, Green Tea with Honey, Diet Lemon and Peach.
"The naturally occurring 'better for you' benefits of tea are now being validated through science," said Craig Coffey, vice president and general manager, Pepsi-Lipton Tea Partnership.
"Today's health and wellness trends have meant dozens of new beverage choices for consumers and this new line-up gives them a reason to reconsider ready-to-drink tea as a smart choice - particularly the number 1 name in tea, which is Lipton."
The launch of Lipton Original and Lipton Iced Tea will be supported by national television advertising (coming later this spring) as well as a print and online advertising, in-store sampling and promotions.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research