USA: Unilever to axe a further 8,000 jobs
Unilever has announced that an estimated 8,000 jobs are to be axed over the next two years, mostly in Europe and the North US. Mike Haines, senior press officer at Unilever told just-drinks.com: "We acquired the Bestfoods business in October last year. But when we made the offer for the business back in June last year, we said that we felt with the integration of Bestfoods into the Unilever food business we would be able to obtain a number of synergies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman