CHINA: Uni-President chases Asia’s juice No. 1
Uni-President Enterprises Corp. has bought into a venture with China's largest juice maker. The Taiwanese food group hopes the venture will become the biggest juice producer in Asia.
Uni-President has agreed to pay US$30m for 5% of the venture, with Beijing Huiyuan Beverage and Food Co. owning the remaining 95%.
Speaking to Reuters today (24 March), an executive with Huiyuan's investment department said: "The alliance will enable both sides to share common advantages and promote sales around South-east Asia. We aim to become Asia's largest juice producer."
Reports earlier this week in the Financial Times, however, suggested that Uni-President was poised to buy Huiyuan out, which it valued at US$500m.
The venture would absorb Huiyuan's existing juice-making operations and assets, the executive, who declined to be identified, told Reuters. The parent company would continue to own and operate jam-making and concentrates businesses.
The executive declined to say whether the venture would float shares overseas - an ambition Huiyuan has long harboured, Reuters noted.
Sectors: Soft drinks
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research