BELGIUM: UNESDA switches presidents
European non-alcoholic beverages association UNESDA has appointed a new president.
The trade body, which rotates its presidency every two years, said today (5 June) that Luis Bach, CEO of Orangina Schweppes, will replace GlaxoSmithKline's GM of nutritional products, Graham Neale, in the position.
Bach has been CEO of Orangina Schweppes since the beginning of last year. He was formerly regional director for Northern Europe, Middle East and Africa at Bacardi-Martini Group, where he spent over 28 years in a variety of roles.
At a meeting of UNESDA's general assembly late last month, Bach highlighted the necessity to convince all stakeholders of the benefits of self regulation versus the willingness of some stakeholders to create additional and unreasonable rules related to our business, the trade body said.
"We have managed to change the perception of key opinion leaders as to who we are and what we do," he said. "Our approach has been, and will always be, to support self-regulation as the most efficient and effective way to address key issues."
Founded in 1958, UNESDA is made up of the national non-alcoholic beverages associations of the European Union and company members who conduct business in at least five EU Member States.
In the first of a series of quarterly 'What if…' columns, Chris Hart, the UK partner of business performance consultancy McKinney Rogers, takes up the issue of Christmas sales and approaches the proce...
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
As Pernod Ricard names a new brand director for its gin brands, a recently published report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests it will not be an easy category from which to extract growth. Ben Cooper repo...
Bacardi Global Travel Retail Division (BGTRD) has named Trent Russell as its new global marketing director....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi has extended its social responsibility partnership with former motor racing champion Michael Schumacher....
The Portman Group, the UK drinks industry self regulatory body, has issued guidance to help alcohol producers avoid inadvertently targeting underage consumers through digital marketing....
Bacardi has appointed a brand ambassador for its Grey Goose vodka brand in the North American markets....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report