UK: Underberg hands distribution deal to Cellar Trends
Cellar Trends will handle the three brands in the UK from next month
German spirits group Underberg is switching UK distribution of three brands it handles from Halewood International to Cellar Trends.
From 1 May, Asbach, a German brandy, cachaça brand Pitu and strawberry and vodka liquer Xuxu will be handled in the on- and off-trade by Cellar Trends, the distributor said late last week. A Cellar Trends spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks that Halewood was the previous UK supplier of the brands.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Halewood, however, will continue distribution of Underberg's flagship brand, Underberg, a 47% abv herbal digestif.
Terry Barker, Cellar Trends' marketing director said: “These are quality brands, each with a loyal following. This appointment recognises our experience and proven ability to grow brands in a tough competitive climate.”
Underberg's Asbach Original was launched in the UK in 2011, replacing Asbach Uralt in the country. The German company took full control of Asbach from Remy Cointreau in 2002.
Pitu, prouduced by the Brazilian company of the same name, is one of Brazil's biggest cachaça brands, according to Cellar Trends, and sells around 10m cases a year in the country.
Xuxu, owned by German company Georg Hemmeter GmbH, is a 15% abv liqueur made from vodka and a strawberry mash.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research