UK: Underberg hands distribution deal to Cellar Trends
Cellar Trends will handle the three brands in the UK from next month
German spirits group Underberg is switching UK distribution of three brands it handles from Halewood International to Cellar Trends.
From 1 May, Asbach, a German brandy, cachaça brand Pitu and strawberry and vodka liquer Xuxu will be handled in the on- and off-trade by Cellar Trends, the distributor said late last week. A Cellar Trends spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks that Halewood was the previous UK supplier of the brands.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Halewood, however, will continue distribution of Underberg's flagship brand, Underberg, a 47% abv herbal digestif.
Terry Barker, Cellar Trends' marketing director said: “These are quality brands, each with a loyal following. This appointment recognises our experience and proven ability to grow brands in a tough competitive climate.”
Underberg's Asbach Original was launched in the UK in 2011, replacing Asbach Uralt in the country. The German company took full control of Asbach from Remy Cointreau in 2002.
Pitu, prouduced by the Brazilian company of the same name, is one of Brazil's biggest cachaça brands, according to Cellar Trends, and sells around 10m cases a year in the country.
Xuxu, owned by German company Georg Hemmeter GmbH, is a 15% abv liqueur made from vodka and a strawberry mash.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014