USA: UK soft drink maker AG Barr selects Robocom WMS
Revenues from the agreement will contribute to results for the second fiscal quarter ending November 30, 2000, according to Robocom President and CEO C. Kenneth Morrelly. RIMS will increase customer service and order fulfillment, decrease the need for safety stock, eliminate physical inventories, and streamline other activities, turning warehouse operations into a competitive advantage.
AG Barr was introduced to RIMS through Robocom distributor Minerva Industrial Systems plc (http://www.minervaplc.com). One of the reasons AG Barr selected the Unix version of RIMS was due to Robocom's interface to the QAD MFG/PRO enterprise resource planning system. This feature made RIMS compatible with AG Barr's existing hardware and software in order to create a fully integrated manufacturing and distribution facility. Other factors included the sixteen-week implementation time and Minerva's excellent reputation for RIMS support.
"We're excited about adding AG Barr to the growing number of food and beverage organizations utilizing RIMS," said Mr. Morrelly. "AG Barr joins the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, ConAgra, Unilever, Golden Circle, Agrocom, and Maxser "
Robocom Systems International Inc. (http://www.robocom.com) develops, markets and supports advanced Warehouse Management Systems software that enables customers to expand productivity, reduce costs, and increase profits in their supply chain.
Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. The Company's actual results may differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such a difference include, among others, general economic and business conditions; industry trends; changes in demand for the Company's product; the timing of orders received from customers; announcements or changes in pricing policies by the Company or its competitors; unanticipated delays in the development, market acceptance or installation of the Company's products; availability of management; and availability, terms and deployment of capital.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages