UK: UK mulled wine company see sales boom in first year
In only its second year of operation Eliot's Spiced Premium Mulled Wine is now being served in over 2000 UK outlets.
Eliot's sold a staggering million glasses of mulled wine last season and with a target of 4,000 outlets this season and since the launch of a re-designed font, sales are set to climb even higher.
Eliot's provides its customers with a free wine dispenser which heats the mulled wine as it is served and offers individual servings of either 125ml or175ml.
John Hutchings of Midland Wine & Spirits Stores said: "I've not been this excited about a new product for 10 or 12 years."
In addition to the wine dispenser, Eliot's also offer full trade support, an 0800 information number and point of sale material.
The recommended retail price for a 125ml glass is £1.60 and £2.00 for a 175ml glass.
Available on-trade in the UK, Eliot's Philippa Vickery would not reveal any details but told just-drinks.com that there are plans to launch Eliot's off-trade for next season.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018