UK: UK mulled wine company see sales boom in first year
In only its second year of operation Eliot's Spiced Premium Mulled Wine is now being served in over 2000 UK outlets.
Eliot's sold a staggering million glasses of mulled wine last season and with a target of 4,000 outlets this season and since the launch of a re-designed font, sales are set to climb even higher.
Eliot's provides its customers with a free wine dispenser which heats the mulled wine as it is served and offers individual servings of either 125ml or175ml.
John Hutchings of Midland Wine & Spirits Stores said: "I've not been this excited about a new product for 10 or 12 years."
In addition to the wine dispenser, Eliot's also offer full trade support, an 0800 information number and point of sale material.
The recommended retail price for a 125ml glass is £1.60 and £2.00 for a 175ml glass.
Available on-trade in the UK, Eliot's Philippa Vickery would not reveal any details but told just-drinks.com that there are plans to launch Eliot's off-trade for next season.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review