UK: UK Lemon Fanta launch set to hot up Tango battle
The battle between Coca-Cola's Fanta and Britvic's Tango in the important UK market is set to hot up with the news that Coke is planning to extend the Fanta brand to include the Lemon variety.
The launch of the flavour, which is Fanta's second best selling flavour worldwide, is planned for early next summer, according to UK magazine Marketing..
So far Coca-Cola has refused to confirm that the brand is to be launched in the UK and the ad agency that recently won the Fanta account, Soul, said it was unaware of the plans.
However, Coke has confirmed that Fanta is to be made a priority brand next year with an increase in spend to £5.5m, up £1m.
The brand extension is sure to add to the battle between Tango and Fanta. Tango at present is the bigger brand worth £88m but suffered a decline of 5.5% on last year, according to AC Nielsen figures. Meanwhile Fanta was the faster growing of the two, worth £57m, an increase in value of 22.3%.
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research