UK AG Barr eyes England for Irn Bru push
AG Barr is planning an aggressive push of its flagship brand Irn Bru in England.
The Scottish company has earmarked £5m in marketing for the brand to drive sales south of the border.
According to one report today, a trial in northeast England lifted sales by a third.
Jonathan Kemp, commercial director, said: "We tend to think of England as a bit of an export market."
The "Phenomenal" campaign debuted in Scotland last autumn and is now being rolled out in England.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts