AUSTRALIA: UBS re-evaluates CCA after Neverfail closure
UBS said it was confident CCA would reach its target of 12% to 15% organic earnings per share growth, with UBS own forecast for the company now put at 16.7%, excluding any Neverfail contribution.
"Our unchanged divisional forecasts assume a strong domestic performance as a result of new product launches, and a relatively flat South Korean and Indonesian performance," UBS said. "We believe there is either earnings or dividend upside risk (or combination) in reconciling with Coca Cola Amatil's targeted 100 basis points minimum increase in ROIC (return on invested capital) for the year."
UBS's discounted cash flow valuation was increased to A$6.17 and its price target has gone up to A$6.50.
UBS said the upgraded forecasts and valuation followed the announcement that Amatil had finally secured 90% of the capital of Neverfail Springwater and therefore could proceed to compulsory acquisition and close its A$280m acquisition of the bottled water company.
UBS said the acquisition makes sense for CCA, allowing it to expand into the high-growth non-carbonated segment and reducing its reliance on earnings-volatile Asian operations. "We forecast Neverfail to add about A$29m in EBITA in 2004 and A$31m in 2005, and have assumed elimination of duplicate head office costs (about A$4.0m)," UBS said.
Coca-Cola Amatil produced decent first-half results but speculation that it may sell some of its international operations and its determination to look beyond the core soft drinks sectors for growth i...
Coca-Cola Amatil said yesterday (10 August) that it has agreed to purchase the business and assets of the Grinders Coffee Group (Grinders)....
Following a review of its operations, Coca-Cola Amatil has announced its intention to restructure its Asian business activities through the creation of an Asian Beverage Division (CCA Asia)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has seen its net profits increase 16.8% to A$145.2m in its first half, driven in part by growth of non-carbs and innovation, the company said today (10 August)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is poised to shake up its Indonesian and South Korean bottling operations, according to an investment bank....
Coca-Cola Amatil is to issue a five-year A$250m (US$192m) domestic debt issue....
SPC Ardmona has signed an agreement with parent company Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) to supply it with apple juice....
The managing director of Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) South Korean unit has taken extended leave, according to press reports....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Suntory, Asahi settle court fight - report
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends