US: UBS raises four beverage companies' price targets
Coca-Cola was raised to a "strong buy" with the 12-month price target up to US$65 from US$55.
Anheuser-Busch is rated as "hold" and the targets are moved to US$56 from US$46 after talks with distributors since the company's annual wholesaler meeting.
Adolph Coors Co has seen its 12-month price target raised to US$78 from US$63, reflecting higher earnings per share estimates. UBS has a "buy" rating on Coors.
UBS beverage analyst Caroline Levy raised her 2002 earnings per share estimate on Coors to $4 from $3.70 and raised her 2003 earnings per share to $4.60 from $4.15. Levy cited major cost initiatives, solid sales trends and an initial restructuring announcement in the UK, for the increase.
Feedback from Coors distributors attending an annual convention has been "overwhelmingly positive," Levy said in a research note.
Levy raised her 12-month price target on Constellation Brands to $62 from $58 "based on news from our distributor contacts that Corona volumes have remained very robust through March," she said. The wine business is also expected to show "strong results".
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Yesterday we ran a story that innaccurately gave details of plans by Constellation Brands to make job cuts at Robert Mondavi. In fact the cuts have already been made and the details of the restructuri...
Constellation has released details of the salaries for its leading executives next year....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
The equity analyst Legg Mason has raised its fiscal 2006 EPS targets for the US drinks group Constellation Brands to US$3.18 from US$3.12, saying it believed the company's attractive growth profile re...
Constellation Brands has reported record net sales and net income for its full year, despite a tough fourth quarter, in which it was hit by acquisition costs....
Anheuser-Busch has revealed plans to launch a new variant in its Bacardi Silver range....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends