INDIA: UBL enjoys Q3 figures climb
United Breweries Ltd has posted a leap in net profit for its third quarter on the back of rising sales.
The company, in which both India's UB Group and Scottish & Newcastle each hold a 37.5% stake, said late last week that net profit for the three months to 30 September more than trebled to INR132m (US$2.94m) from INR40.6m in the corresponding period a year earlier. Sales for the period also rose, doubling to INR2.2bn from INR1.1bn.
Compared to the second quarter of 2006, however, net profit could not match the INR275.3m generated in the three months to 30 June.
Separately, UB informed the Bombay Stock Exchange that it will amalgamate its subsidiary companies Karnataka Breweries & Distilleries, London Draft Pubs and London Pilsner Breweries.
Bringing together the great and the good of the world's whisky distillers, The World Whisky Conference - which ran this week in Glasgow - saw just-drinks out in force. Chris Brook-Carter looks back at...
Economic growth and rising personal incomes in the Asia Pacific region may make it an exciting growth area for international brands but the potential for international spirits varies considerably from...
Having consolidated its spirits operations into one company, UB Group is looking to build on its position of strength in the Indian market and establish itself internationally. Euromonitor Internation...
Local reports have suggested that India's United Breweries may put a spanner in the works of any potential tie-up between Scottish & Newcastle and SABMiller....
India's UB Group is close to finally sealing the takeover of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands. UB, headed by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, has pursued Whyte & Mackay since start...
Australian beer and wine giant Foster's Group is actively seeking buyers for a brewery in Sydney. The company has started the sale process after receiving approval from local government authorities in...
A top Whyte & Mackay executive has insisted it is "business as usual" at the UB Group takeover target after the UK distiller announced a distribution deal for the US....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed its long-rumoured entry into the Indian beer market. The US brewing giant today (22 February) announced that it would set up a local venture with Indian brewer Crown Beers...
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits