UK: UB, Whyte & Mackay deal unveiled this week? - report
An announcement about a pending deal for Whyte & Mackay is due in the next two days, according to reports.
The Financial Express in India has said today (14 May), that the country's UB Group will finally seal the purchase of the Scottish company on Wednesday this week. UB's owner, Vijay Mallya, is cited in the report as saying that Whyte & Mackay's owners have demanded GBP700m (US$1.38bn) for the company. No indication was forthcoming from Mallya, however, over how much he would actually be paying for the company.
Earlier today, Whyte & Mackay confirmed that it "continues to have productive discussions with UB Group".
The company said, however, that it would be inappropriate to make any comment on pricing at this time.
The two sides began takeover talks way back in October last year.
The Indian spirits sector has undoubted growth potential, on the back of a growing economy, an expanding middle class and rising disposable income but international companies face many obstacles as th...
A recent report in the Indian business press suggested that local spirits force United Spirits, part of the UB Group, had abandoned plans to develop RTDs for the Indian market. However, other companie...
Ian Macleod Distillers has appointed a new director of travel retail....
United Spirits is looking to invest in a grain-based whisky plant in India according to local reports....
United Breweries plans to invest in an effort to increase its beer production capacity, according to reports....
Indian conglomerate UB Group has announced a raft of key executive appointments at at its drinks subsidiaries, Whyte & Mackay, United Spirits and United Breweries, promoting long-standing employees to...
United Breweries plans to expand its beer production capacity, according to reports....
The board of United Breweries is pondering a rights issue, according to reports....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends