INDIA: UB to build winery in Maharashtra
India's UB Group plans to set up a winery and bottling unit at Baramati in the state of Maharashtra.
The group, which earlier this month snapped up French winery Bouvet-Ladubay, will import wine from the Loire producer and bottle it at the site in Baramati.
UB chairman Dr. Vijay Mallya said: "We will be setting up a world-class winery in Baramati, marking UB's formal entry into the wine segment."
The bottling unit in Baramati will start operations within the next six months. Unlike rival wines in the Indian market, which are made from local grapes, UB's wine will be French wine, bottled locally.
Having pioneered the super-premium vodka category in Russia, billionaire entrepreneur Roustam Tariko is eyeing international markets with his Russian Standard Original and Imperia brands, looking to b...
Having consolidated its spirits operations into one company, UB Group is looking to build on its position of strength in the Indian market and establish itself internationally. Euromonitor Internation...
India's UB Group has refused to confirm reports that it will not raise its bid for Whyte & Mackay ahead of a reported meeting between the two companies to finalise the deal....
India's UB Group looks to be closing in on the acquisition of UK spirits group Whyte & Mackay after months of negotiations....
Russian Standard has snapped up the Internet domain name vodka.com for US$3m....
Whyte & Mackay has confirmed it is still in talks with UB Group over a possible sale of the company to the Indian drinks titan....
India's UB Group has announced a financing package among two of its spirits subsidiaries....
India's UB Group and Russian vodka producer Russian Standard have signed a deal that will see the companies distribute each other's products in their respective markets....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research