INDIA: UB signs marketing agreement with SABMiller
SABMiller has entered into an agreement with the UB Group to market the Indian company's whisky brand Royal Challenge. UB Group will, in turn, gain marketing rights for the SABMiller-owned Haywards spirits business.
The two companies, arch rivals in the Indian beer market, will both benefit from the deal, with SABMiller using Royal Challenge to market a new beer of the same name, and UB strengthening its spirits presence.
Separately, in a bid to further strengthen its spirits arm, UB Group is looking to rope in an international spirits company for its proposed consolidated spirit business company, United Spirits. The unit has been formed through the merger of the UB-owned companies McDowell and Shaw Wallace.
The group is looking at the proposed international tie-up as a two-way channel under which Indian brands may be launched in international markets while foreign brands can be imported in India.
At present, United Breweries has a similar tie-up with Scottish & Newcastle for its beer business.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
The Indian subsidiary of SABMiller, MBL Investments (Mysore), has acquired the Shaw Wallace Group's 50% interest in the brewing operations of SABMiller's Indian joint-venture....
The German-owned investment house, Deutsche Bank, has upgraded shares in the UK-based international brewing group, SABMiller, from "hold" to "buy", and raised its target for the shares from 830p to 95...
The CEO of SABMiller has hailed the brewer's full-year figures as "very pleasing" today (19 May)....
SABMiller has seen its share rating upgraded....
SABMiller has agreed to acquire the Slovakian brewer Topvar. Topvar is located in the city of Topoľčany in Western Slovakia and sold 569,000 hectolitres of beer in 2004....
SABMiller has had its share recommendation upped....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research