INDIA: UB plans major wine expansion
United Breweries Group (UB) is planning to launch three more wine brands in the Indian market. The expansion in its wine portfolio will go through Baramati Grape Industries, the group's wine business arm.
This is expected to double the company's production base to 10,000 tonnes a year, through the introduction of more varieties and the employment of more contract farmers.
According to Vijay Mallya, the UB group's chairman, the company also has plans to import bulk wines with a view to introducing new brands to the Indian wine market. In India, bulk imports are duty free, unlike bottle-in-origin (BIO) wines.
The company is already present in the domestic wine market with two brands in the premium range - red Bosca Riesling and rose Bosca Riesling. McDowell & Company, the UB group's flagship spirit entity, also has tie-ups with three major overseas wine makers for importing BIO wines.
The second part of a report on the Indian soft drinks market from analysts Euromonitor examines the progress of non-carbonated sectors, looking at the growth of the bottled water category and the pote...
The recent acquisition of Shaw Wallace by the Indian UB Group, owned by Vijay Mallya, created the world's second largest spirits producer by volume and significantly enhances UB's already powerful pos...
India's largest brewer, United Breweries, is to spend INR4bn (US$90.7m) on boosting its brewing capacity as it aims to keep pace with the country's booming beer market....
India's UB Group has reported strong third-quarter results for its brewing and distilling operations....
UB Group plans to sell off its stake in South Africa-based United National Breweries (UNB) to a management led buyout headed by UNB CEO, Rajan Ranganathan....
UB Group, the Indian drinks giant owned by Vijay Mallya, is planning to develop a significant presence in the wine market....
The UB Group has reported a 30.38% growth in sales for the first half of the financial year 2006 to INR3.77bn (US$466m)....
Radico Khaitan is in talks to buy some brands from the United Breweries (UB) Group....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends