INDIA: UB plans major wine expansion
United Breweries Group (UB) is planning to launch three more wine brands in the Indian market. The expansion in its wine portfolio will go through Baramati Grape Industries, the group's wine business arm.
This is expected to double the company's production base to 10,000 tonnes a year, through the introduction of more varieties and the employment of more contract farmers.
According to Vijay Mallya, the UB group's chairman, the company also has plans to import bulk wines with a view to introducing new brands to the Indian wine market. In India, bulk imports are duty free, unlike bottle-in-origin (BIO) wines.
The company is already present in the domestic wine market with two brands in the premium range - red Bosca Riesling and rose Bosca Riesling. McDowell & Company, the UB group's flagship spirit entity, also has tie-ups with three major overseas wine makers for importing BIO wines.
The second part of a report on the Indian soft drinks market from analysts Euromonitor examines the progress of non-carbonated sectors, looking at the growth of the bottled water category and the pote...
The recent acquisition of Shaw Wallace by the Indian UB Group, owned by Vijay Mallya, created the world's second largest spirits producer by volume and significantly enhances UB's already powerful pos...
India's largest brewer, United Breweries, is to spend INR4bn (US$90.7m) on boosting its brewing capacity as it aims to keep pace with the country's booming beer market....
India's UB Group has reported strong third-quarter results for its brewing and distilling operations....
UB Group plans to sell off its stake in South Africa-based United National Breweries (UNB) to a management led buyout headed by UNB CEO, Rajan Ranganathan....
UB Group, the Indian drinks giant owned by Vijay Mallya, is planning to develop a significant presence in the wine market....
The UB Group has reported a 30.38% growth in sales for the first half of the financial year 2006 to INR3.77bn (US$466m)....
Radico Khaitan is in talks to buy some brands from the United Breweries (UB) Group....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets