INDIA: UB Group signs bottling agreements - report
The spirit division of UB Group has signed bottling agreements in three countries, according to press reports. The Nation wrote yesterday that officials at the Indian-based company said that a definite pact was in place for bottling arrangements with local distilleries in Thailand, Sri Lanka and Pakistan, but refused to provide details.
The newspaper quotes Vijay Rekhi, president of UB's spirits division, saying that the arrangement in Pakistan covers mainly Black Dog Scotch Whisky, while in Thailand and Sri Lanka it involves the company's rums as well.
"This is a step towards the globalisation of our products," Rekhi told the Nation.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team