INDIA: UB Group pressurises government to delink wine and beer from spirits
India's largest drinks producer United Breweries (UB Group) is pressuring the Indian government to give beer and wine a separate status from the spirits sector and instead position them alongside soft drinks. Speaking to The Financial Express Vijay Mallya, chairman of the UB Group, said: "Its only fair that beer and wine are delinked from liquor. They do not qualify to fall under spirits. The present status is not only unfair on the industry but also on the consumers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights