INDIA: UB Group pressurises government to delink wine and beer from spirits
India's largest drinks producer United Breweries (UB Group) is pressuring the Indian government to give beer and wine a separate status from the spirits sector and instead position them alongside soft drinks. Speaking to The Financial Express Vijay Mallya, chairman of the UB Group, said: "Its only fair that beer and wine are delinked from liquor. They do not qualify to fall under spirits. The present status is not only unfair on the industry but also on the consumers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp