INDIA: UB Group pressurises government to delink wine and beer from spirits
India's largest drinks producer United Breweries (UB Group) is pressuring the Indian government to give beer and wine a separate status from the spirits sector and instead position them alongside soft drinks. Speaking to The Financial Express Vijay Mallya, chairman of the UB Group, said: "Its only fair that beer and wine are delinked from liquor. They do not qualify to fall under spirits. The present status is not only unfair on the industry but also on the consumers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets