INDIA: UB Group forms wine arm - report
India's UB Group has reportedly set up its first wine subsidiary in the state of Maharashtra, the country's wine heartland.
UB has formed United Vintners, which will be responsible for marketing and distributing wine throughout the state, Indian newspaper The Economic Times said yesterday (16 January).
Officials at UB in Bangalore could not be reached for comment.
The company's move is the latest sign of confidence in India's wine market, where consumption is rising by around 30% a year.
Grover Vineyards, one of the three largest wine producers in India, is also hoping to cement its position in the market with a deal with the country's top wine importer, Brindco.
Grover and Brindco are hoping to conclude an agreement by the end of the month.
There has rarely been dull moment in recent years for anyone concerned with Stolichnaya, with a long-running rights dispute over the brand name, a switch to bottling the brand outside Russia and the t...
Carlsberg has shown an interest in Vin & Sprit, the makers of Absolut vodka, after the Swedish government sanctioned the sale of the wine and spirits company....
Chivas Brothers has unveiled an international TV marketing campaign for its Chivas Regal 18-year-old Scotch whisky targeting the financial community....
Chivas Brothers has invested in two of its bottling operations in Scotland....
Chivas brothers has invested in its Ballantine's brand by title sponsoring a world golf tournament in Korea....
CL Financial, the parent of UK-based drinks group CL World Brands, has closed the purchase of a US distillery from Pernod Ricard....
Chivas Regal has teamed up with MSN to launch an online channel....
Diageo has confirmed its interest in buying Vin & Sprit, the makers of Absolut vodka....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends