INDIA: UB Group completes its bear hug on Beer.
The UB Group has acquired 20% of beer manufacturer Inertia, raising its holding to 51% and increasing its dominancy of the beer trade in India. The 51% includes an undisclosed share held by Millennium Alcobev, an ally of the UB Group. UB earlier acquired 65% shares in the once fiercely independent brewer of western India, Associated Breweries and Distilleries which has five beer brands - India's largest selling London Pilsner, London Diet and lesser brands Maharaja Premium, London 2001 and London 5001 Plus.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev in China - just the Facts
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Vodka Market 2015-2019