INDIA: UB Group companies report strong results
The UB Group has reported a 30.38% growth in sales for the first half of the financial year 2006 to INR3.77bn (US$466m). The group, riding on strong spirit sales, reported a strong 170% growth in operating profit at INR643.1m while net profit soared by 397% to INR179m.
The group's business volumes grew by nearly 22% as compared to the industry average of 15.9%. UB Group's beer division had a very healthy first half of the year with its strong beer portfolio, led by Kingfisher Strong, registering a 37% increase in volumes as compared to the industry average of 17%.
The group has finalised expansion plans, which will see investments of over INR4bn in the next seven years, including one new brewery at an undeclared location in addition to the existing two new greenfield breweries coming up in Rajasthan and Orissa.
Meanwhile, the group's other listed company, McDowell & Co. also reported strong growth in the first six months of the financial year, with sales growing by 19.6% to INR10.16bn. The company's net profit grew by 62% to INR160m.
The recent acquisition of Shaw Wallace by the Indian UB Group, owned by Vijay Mallya, created the world's second largest spirits producer by volume and significantly enhances UB's already powerful pos...
India's UB Group has reported strong third-quarter results for its brewing and distilling operations....
UB Group plans to sell off its stake in South Africa-based United National Breweries (UNB) to a management led buyout headed by UNB CEO, Rajan Ranganathan....
UB Group, the Indian drinks giant owned by Vijay Mallya, is planning to develop a significant presence in the wine market....
United Breweries Group (UB) is planning to launch three more wine brands in the Indian market....
Indian winemakers are attracting the attention of international private equity players....
InBev may be entering the Indian market soon through a joint-venture....
Radico Khaitan is in talks to buy some brands from the United Breweries (UB) Group....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China