S AFRICA: Two new directors at Distell, while one quits
Distell Group has confirmed the appointment of two new directors and the resignation of one other.
The South African company, whose parent company is KWV, said late last week that A C Parker and B J Van der Ross will join its board, in a non-executive capacity, from 1 July.
Mr R L Lumb, meanwhile, is set to step down from the board - again, as a non-executive director - from 23 October.
The announcement was made in a statement to the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
In March, KWV posted a 6.3% rise in full-year sales, which came in at ZAR745.2m (US$92.9m). Distell's contribution to group sales last year increased by 14.2%.
Distell has lined up a larger sized offering of its Savanna cider brand in the UK....
KWV suffered a loss of almost ZAR1.45m (US$172,400) from the flavour-altering exploits of two former winemakers, who were sentenced in a South African magistrate's court this week....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends