UK: Two groups looked at "serious" bid for Waverley TBS
Two entities expressed “serious interest” in buying collapsed UK wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged.
A total of 19 parties were sent information about the business, but only two came forward, administrators Deloitte have revealed in a report, published last week. However, the two unamed parties withdrew their interest after due diligence exercises, the report said.
Waverley TBS went into liquidation last October after administrators could not find a buyer for the struggling firm. A total of 685 staff were made redundant.
The company owed creditors – including Diageo, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Bacardi-Brown Forman and Heineken – a total of GBP40.5m (US$64.8m). “Secured” creditors of the company have been paid in full, the report said. “Preferential” creditors, which includes items such as unpaid staff wages, will be paid when the firm is formally liquidated.
Rival supplier Matthew Clark was rumoured to have been looking to table a bid at the time.
Waverely TBS is being placed into a Creditors' Voluntary Liquidation, the report added. “The administrators propose to become the joint liquidators, the creditors' committee will become the liquidation committee, and the liquidators' renumeration will be fixed by reference to the given in attending to matters arising in the liquidation,” the report states.
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
We're just over two months away from the start of the biggest sporting event on earth: The FIFA World Cup kicks off on 12 June, when host country Brazil take on Croatia in the first match of the month...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
While many drinks companies have highlighted Africa as a continent that offers huge potential, the region is not without its well-documented perils and pitfalls. Most notable among these is the logist...
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
"The Future of the Spirits Market in India to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research