UK: Two additions to Sainsbury’s alcohol team
Sainsbury's has created two positions within its beers, wines and spirits team.
The UK-based supermarket said today (11 August) that the roles have been created in order to drive strategy and respond to "changing customer needs".
The position of business development manager has been filled by Jane Hughes. In her new role, Hughes will implement Sainsbury's strategy across all areas, while developing channels to market and a structured customer communications plan.
Warren Anderson, who has spent the last 12 years with the company, will assume the other position of senior manager. The role will enable Anderson to oversee the entire beers, wines and spirits team.
While Hughes begins her role with immediate effect, Anderson will start on 4 September, Sainsbury's added.
The Finnish brewing industry has slammed the country's moves to restrict alcohol advertising. The Finnish parliament has approved plans to curtail TV and cinema advertising by beverage alcohol produce...
US craft brewer Pyramid Breweries has added to its board of directors....
Kirin Brewery Co. has today (7 February) outlined plans to consolidate its alcohol, soft drinks and other businesses under one holding company....
One of the UK's big four retailers has introduced health messages on its own-brand beverage alcohol products....
The Indian government has indicated to the EU that the country needs to reform its tariff regime on imported spirits and wine, just-drinks understands....
Rising earnings across its business have boosted annual profits at Sweden's V&S Group....
The International Center for Alcohol Policies has appointed a chairman and vice-chairman....
V&S Group is mulling whether to go to Sweden's Supreme Court in a bid to overturn a decision from the country's alcohol retail monopoly Systembolaget to de-list wines handled by the company....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends