UK: Two additions to Sainsbury’s alcohol team
Sainsbury's has created two positions within its beers, wines and spirits team.
The UK-based supermarket said today (11 August) that the roles have been created in order to drive strategy and respond to "changing customer needs".
The position of business development manager has been filled by Jane Hughes. In her new role, Hughes will implement Sainsbury's strategy across all areas, while developing channels to market and a structured customer communications plan.
Warren Anderson, who has spent the last 12 years with the company, will assume the other position of senior manager. The role will enable Anderson to oversee the entire beers, wines and spirits team.
While Hughes begins her role with immediate effect, Anderson will start on 4 September, Sainsbury's added.
The Finnish brewing industry has slammed the country's moves to restrict alcohol advertising. The Finnish parliament has approved plans to curtail TV and cinema advertising by beverage alcohol produce...
US craft brewer Pyramid Breweries has added to its board of directors....
Kirin Brewery Co. has today (7 February) outlined plans to consolidate its alcohol, soft drinks and other businesses under one holding company....
One of the UK's big four retailers has introduced health messages on its own-brand beverage alcohol products....
The Indian government has indicated to the EU that the country needs to reform its tariff regime on imported spirits and wine, just-drinks understands....
Rising earnings across its business have boosted annual profits at Sweden's V&S Group....
The International Center for Alcohol Policies has appointed a chairman and vice-chairman....
V&S Group is mulling whether to go to Sweden's Supreme Court in a bid to overturn a decision from the country's alcohol retail monopoly Systembolaget to de-list wines handled by the company....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report