USA: Tully's Coffee Hires CEO for Tully's Europe Stefaan Vansteenkiste Appointed to New Tully's Position
As CEO of European operations, Vansteenkiste will be responsible for all aspects of growing the Tully's brand and growing Tully's presence throughout Europe. Tully's currently has 5 locations in Sweden, with plans to develop 280 stores over the next sixty months.
Vansteenkiste brings to Tully's great leadership skills, extensive operational experience managing multi-unit restaurant operations as well as large Theme Park operations, a strong finance background, and excellent international experience. Vansteenkiste has a proven track record for growing revenues and maximizing profitability by aggressively managing operating expenses.
Prior to joining Tully's, Vansteenkiste held positions as general manager of Walibi, Belgium's largest theme park located near Brussels, and as vice-president of Food & Beverage for Six Flags Magic Mountain. Before that, Vansteenkiste worked with the Taco Bell Corporation, a Pepsico company, based in Irvine, California, where he was responsible for all finance matters, strategic planning, budgeting, acquisitions, and capital expansion planning for 600 restaurants in the Central U.S. representing revenues of over $500 million. He has also managed the day-to-day operations as Zone Manager for Taco Bell Corporation.
Vansteenkiste also brings a strong international background to Tully's. As a native Belgian, Vansteenkiste has worked in Mexico, the United States and Europe. He is fluent in English, French, Dutch, and Spanish. Vansteenkiste has a Masters in Business Administration in Finance from the University of Michigan and a Bachelor's degree in Economics from the University of California, Irvine. In his spare time, Vansteenkiste enjoys playing tennis and investigating investment opportunities. Vansteenkiste is also an avid, instrument rated, private pilot.
Tully's Europe has begun European expansion in Stockholm, Sweden, and will continue to expand into other European markets. While Tully's retail development increases throughout Europe, Tully's continues to establish local community and business partnerships in each market.
Founded in 1992 by Tom O'Keefe, Tully's Coffee Corporation is the third largest company-owned specialty coffee retailer in the USA. Tully's Coffee has over 115 locations worldwide (USA, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and Sweden), with 44 signed leases for new stores. Tully's corporate headquarters and roasting plant are located in the former Rainier Brewery facility and Seattle landmark at 3100 Airport Way South, in Seattle, Wash., USA.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World