USA: Tully's Coffee Hires CEO for Tully's Europe Stefaan Vansteenkiste Appointed to New Tully's Position
As CEO of European operations, Vansteenkiste will be responsible for all aspects of growing the Tully's brand and growing Tully's presence throughout Europe. Tully's currently has 5 locations in Sweden, with plans to develop 280 stores over the next sixty months.
Vansteenkiste brings to Tully's great leadership skills, extensive operational experience managing multi-unit restaurant operations as well as large Theme Park operations, a strong finance background, and excellent international experience. Vansteenkiste has a proven track record for growing revenues and maximizing profitability by aggressively managing operating expenses.
Prior to joining Tully's, Vansteenkiste held positions as general manager of Walibi, Belgium's largest theme park located near Brussels, and as vice-president of Food & Beverage for Six Flags Magic Mountain. Before that, Vansteenkiste worked with the Taco Bell Corporation, a Pepsico company, based in Irvine, California, where he was responsible for all finance matters, strategic planning, budgeting, acquisitions, and capital expansion planning for 600 restaurants in the Central U.S. representing revenues of over $500 million. He has also managed the day-to-day operations as Zone Manager for Taco Bell Corporation.
Vansteenkiste also brings a strong international background to Tully's. As a native Belgian, Vansteenkiste has worked in Mexico, the United States and Europe. He is fluent in English, French, Dutch, and Spanish. Vansteenkiste has a Masters in Business Administration in Finance from the University of Michigan and a Bachelor's degree in Economics from the University of California, Irvine. In his spare time, Vansteenkiste enjoys playing tennis and investigating investment opportunities. Vansteenkiste is also an avid, instrument rated, private pilot.
Tully's Europe has begun European expansion in Stockholm, Sweden, and will continue to expand into other European markets. While Tully's retail development increases throughout Europe, Tully's continues to establish local community and business partnerships in each market.
Founded in 1992 by Tom O'Keefe, Tully's Coffee Corporation is the third largest company-owned specialty coffee retailer in the USA. Tully's Coffee has over 115 locations worldwide (USA, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and Sweden), with 44 signed leases for new stores. Tully's corporate headquarters and roasting plant are located in the former Rainier Brewery facility and Seattle landmark at 3100 Airport Way South, in Seattle, Wash., USA.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015