UK: Tuborg teams up with Live Nation
Carlsberg UK and Live Nation have teamed up together in a long-term partnership agreement.
The brewer said yesterday (21 May) that the three year deal will crown its Tuborg beer as the 'official beer of Live Nation', giving the brand exclusive rights to UK music festivals.
Events will include the Download Festival, 02 Wireless Festival, Hard Rock's Hyde Park Calling, Global Gathering and Escape into the Park.
Tuborg will also gain exclusive pourage rights in 31 Live Nation-owned and -operated properties used to host a range of sporting and music events. Venues such as the Cardiff International Arena, Manchester Apollo, Liverpool Empire and London's Lyceum theatre are all included.
The deal will open up a consumer base of 5.2m people visiting Live Nation venues and festivals each year, also involving marketing campaigns and personalised bars.
Speaking for Live Nation, Jim Campling said: "This is a great partnership between two well respected brands, leading the way to providing our customers with an even better experience on their night out. Tuborg has a massive presence at music festivals in Europe so we're looking forward to continuing this connection and developing it further in the UK over the years to come."
Tuborg will be available in various formats, cans, PET or draught, dependent on venue and the event.
The first major event is the Download festival between 8 and 10 June. Carlsberg believes that over 70,000 people will attend each day of the event.
The sponsorship continues the Carlsberg and Tuborg relationship following the agreements to sponsor Wembley Stadium and the Glastonbury Festival.
Scottish & Newcastle has launched a scathing, albeit brief, attack on Carlsberg and Heineken, as the European brewers attempt to acquire the UK-based company....
Carlsberg and Heineken have appealed directly to Scottish & Newcastle's shareholders after the rejection of their latest bid for the UK-based brewer....
Heineken and Carlsberg have today (15 November) made an increased proposal to the board of Scottish & Newcastle for a takeover of the UK brewer....
Scottish & Newcastle has rejected what it has called the latest "highly conditional proposal" from Carlsberg and Heineken to acquire the UK-based brewer....
South Asia Breweries is looking to build two new breweries in India, which would be operational in mid-2008....
Coca-Cola Drycker Sverige AB has invested in its bottling facility, the company said today....
UK brewer Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) has declined to comment on speculation in a UK Sunday newspaper that it would be seeking to use an ongoing antitrust investigation into Heineken's activities in Gr...
The chief executive of Danish brewing force Carlsberg has said he is prepared to be patient in the company's joint bid for control of UK brewer Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) with Heineken....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends