UK: T&T Beverages to give UK And US "Wake Up Call" With Energy Launch
While the UK is still awaiting the launch in September of Santesse, a functional drink for women, its maker, T&T Beverages Ltd is preparing the launch of a new energy drink, described as a "wake up call" for the US and UK.With the name for the new product still undecided, managing director at T&T Beverages Dafer Alazri told just-drinks: "It will be an energy drink marketed in such a way it will reach a much wider audience than current energy drinks."It will be non-carbonated with a 10% juice content because people have to like what they drink," said Alazri. "The trouble with most energy drinks these days is you do not know what you are drinking. So we want to keep it natural with herbs and vitamins beyond what most energy drinks have and we want a juice content, which is different."If people want to mix them, that is fine, but it is not the way we want to go. The key thing is the type of boost you get and that it tastes good," he said.Not wanting to say too much about its latest product Alazri would only add: "The way it is going to be positioned means it will appeal to a much larger audience. We are not going for the teenage, 18 to early 20s market, which most are targeting".Concentrating on the health market T&T Beverages Ltd launched the UK's first ever non-carbonated juice drink in a can recently called T&T Juice Drinks. It also has a rolling programme of high profile launches planned over the next few months including 'Santesse' a functional health drink for women.Aimed at the female market, Santesse only uses natural flavours with no preservatives and claims to be only five calories.Available in the UK from September distribution details for Santesse still have to be confirmed.Sarah Diston
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research