TAIWAN: Tsingtao to sell beer in Taiwan
Following Taiwan's entry to the WTO, Tsingtao Brewery, China's largest beer maker is to start selling its beer in Taiwan from April, the local press reported today. Tsingtao will be the largest Chinese company to sell its products in Taiwan since the commercial doors were opened in January.
The brew will be handled by Taiwan Tsingtao Beer Co, a unit of Taiwan's beverage maker Sanyo Whisbih Group, who has obtained the right to be Tsingtao's sole agent in Taiwan.
"We will start selling Tsingtao Beer from April, and that's all for the moment," the company said.
Global sales of Scotch whisky may have recently gone through the GBP1bn barrier but, writes Chris Losh, worries over declining volumes in major markets such as France and Spain have resulted in cautio...
The latest export figures for Scotch whisky make uncomfortable reading for brand marketers and the strategists at the Scotch Whisky Association, showing declines in both Asian and European markets. C...
The World Trade Organisation has upheld its ruling against Mexico in the soft drink row with the US....
World Trade Organisation talks on creating a register for wine and spirit geographical designations have failed after two years of negotiations....
India has decided not to sign a EU-proposed multilateral wines and spirits registry....
The US claims that it has won a World Trade Organisation (WTO) case against Mexico, with a disputes panel ruling a 20% tax on Mexican soft drinks manufactured with imported high-fructose corn syrup br...
The US Commerce Department has introduced preliminary anti-dumping duties of up to 60% on orange juice from Brazil following complaints from Florida citrus growers accusing Brazilian producers of comp...
The European Union (EU) has released more details of its proposed global register of geographical indications for wines and spirits it wants agreed during the World Trade Organisation's (WTO) ongoing ...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends