HONG KONG: Tsingtao shares suspended from trading
In a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange, the Chinese brewer Tsingtao Brewery has said that trading in its H shares have been suspended today (9 November).
According to a company spokesperson, quoted by the Reuters news agency the brewer is "working on an important matter and should make an announcement on Monday."
Tsingtao is 27% owned by the US giant Anheuser-Busch Cos Inc .
Tsingtao Brewery has posted a huge leap in net profit in its third quarter.
In October the Chinese company reported that net profit in the three months to the end of September rose by 52.4% on the corresponding period a year earlier, reaching CNY328.6m (US$43.8m).
Separately, Tsingtao also said it plans to set up a brewing joint venture in Thailand, through a CNY40m investment. The funds will help Tsingtao acquire a 40% stake in the j-v, which will have an estimated annual production capacity of 800,000 hectolitres.
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has announced plans to launch an off-trade promotion across the US this summer to "celebrate all things Asian"....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has posted a massive lift in profits for the first quarter....
Compañía Cervecerías Unidas has posted a healthy set of results for the first three months of 2008....
US brewer Anheuser-Busch is launching Bud Light Lime - a "crisp light" lager that combines the "drinkability" of Bud Light with a splash of natural lime flavour....
Asahi Breweries is considering buying a stake in Vietnam's Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp. (Sabeco), according to reports....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Grupo Modelo has seen a drop in export sales in the first quarter of this year hammer its profits....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a slip in net income, despite a rise in sales for the first three months of this year....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages