CHINA: Tsingtao set to invest in brewery construction
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has prepared a bond issue to fund future expansion.
The Hong Kong-listed Chinese brewer said yesterday (11 November) that it will sell a set of six-year bonds on the mainland, with a view to raising in the region of CNY1.5bn (US$202.4m). The bonds will be sold to institutional investors, the brewer told the Hong Kong Stock Exchange over the weekend.
Proceeds from the bond sale will be used to fund the construction of five new brewing facilities in China, as well as to increase its present malt production capacity.
Last month, Tsingtao, which is 27%-owned by Anheuser-Busch, posted a 52% leap in net profit for the three months to the end of September. Net profit hit CNY328.6m, on the back of a climb in sales for the period to CNY4.28bn from CNY3.7bn in the corresponding period a year earlier.
For the nine months of 2007 so far, net profit climbed by a massive 61% to CNY695m, as sales lifted to CNY11.11bn from CNY9.55bn.
Anheuser-Busch has launched a new advertising campaign in the UK for Michelob Lager with the strapline "Brewed for the Finest Bars Since 1896"....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has announced plans to launch an off-trade promotion across the US this summer to "celebrate all things Asian"....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has posted a massive lift in profits for the first quarter....
Compañía Cervecerías Unidas has posted a healthy set of results for the first three months of 2008....
US brewer Anheuser-Busch is launching Bud Light Lime - a "crisp light" lager that combines the "drinkability" of Bud Light with a splash of natural lime flavour....
Asahi Breweries is considering buying a stake in Vietnam's Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp. (Sabeco), according to reports....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Grupo Modelo has seen a drop in export sales in the first quarter of this year hammer its profits....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Concha y Toro sees H1 profits, sales jump - result
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review