CHINA: Tsingtao set to invest in brewery construction
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has prepared a bond issue to fund future expansion.
The Hong Kong-listed Chinese brewer said yesterday (11 November) that it will sell a set of six-year bonds on the mainland, with a view to raising in the region of CNY1.5bn (US$202.4m). The bonds will be sold to institutional investors, the brewer told the Hong Kong Stock Exchange over the weekend.
Proceeds from the bond sale will be used to fund the construction of five new brewing facilities in China, as well as to increase its present malt production capacity.
Last month, Tsingtao, which is 27%-owned by Anheuser-Busch, posted a 52% leap in net profit for the three months to the end of September. Net profit hit CNY328.6m, on the back of a climb in sales for the period to CNY4.28bn from CNY3.7bn in the corresponding period a year earlier.
For the nine months of 2007 so far, net profit climbed by a massive 61% to CNY695m, as sales lifted to CNY11.11bn from CNY9.55bn.
Anheuser-Busch has launched a new advertising campaign in the UK for Michelob Lager with the strapline "Brewed for the Finest Bars Since 1896"....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has announced plans to launch an off-trade promotion across the US this summer to "celebrate all things Asian"....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has posted a massive lift in profits for the first quarter....
Compañía Cervecerías Unidas has posted a healthy set of results for the first three months of 2008....
US brewer Anheuser-Busch is launching Bud Light Lime - a "crisp light" lager that combines the "drinkability" of Bud Light with a splash of natural lime flavour....
Asahi Breweries is considering buying a stake in Vietnam's Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp. (Sabeco), according to reports....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Grupo Modelo has seen a drop in export sales in the first quarter of this year hammer its profits....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research